Jen and Marcie ("we") took a 10-day driving adventure a few years back through New England and had a fabulous time! We flew into Hartford and rented a station-wagon which we affectionately named, "the Mothership". The Mothership took us all over the place... in fact, we drove more than 2,500 miles in that car. Good times, indeed!
Here's what we did and saw on the trip...
- Went berry-picking at a little berry farm out in the country (in CT)
- Went hot-air ballooning during a balloon festival - it was fabulous! (in CT)
- Visited the Mark Twain House & Museum
- Ate at a Lobster Shack in Mystic, CT (also saw the Mystic Pizza restaurant made famous by Julia Roberts)
-Toured the Newport Mansions (Jen loved this!)
-Toured Martha's Vineyard (rented mopeds and drove all over the island)
-Toured Nantucket ( took a quick flight over vs taking the ferry)
- Went whale watching in Provincetown (also met with a tarrot card reader... ask Marcie about her reading... snicker snicker)
- Hung out in Boston... toured Harvard
- Went on the Boston Duck Tour
- Visited Plymouth Rock (don't recommend it) and Salem
- Went lobstering somewhere on the coast of Maine
- Visited York, Portland, Acadia National Park
- And, we visited a million lighthouses - our favorite was West Quoddy (where you can see the first sunlight that hits the continental US